Election & Voting Information
> Voting by Absentee Ballot
Voting by Absentee Ballot
Any qualified elector unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place on election day may request to vote an absentee ballot. A qualified elector must be:
- A U.S. citizen, who will be 18 years of age or older on election day.
- A resident of the municipality where he or she wishes to vote for at least 10 days before the election. The elector must also be registered in order to receive an absentee ballot.
TO OBTAIN AN ABSENTEE BALLOT YOU MUST MAKE A REQUEST IN WRITING (this can be an email or fax)
- Go to https://myvote.wi.gov
- Personally go to the clerk's office when the clerk is available and vote an absentee ballot.
- OR Request an absentee ballot by letter. Your written request must list your voting address within the municipality where you wish to vote, the address where the absentee ballot should be sent, if different, and your signature.
- You have to show a photo ID to obtain an absentee ballot. You also have to to be a registered elector.
Special absentee voting application provisions apply to electors who are indefinitely confined to home or a care facility, in the military, hospitalized, or serving as a sequestered juror. If this applies to you, contact the town clerk.
For information, Contact the BARNES TOWN CLERK: 715-795-2782
or visit the Town Hall Office during our weekday office hours.
The following documents will appear in a new browser window.
When finished close the window and you will return to this page.
Absent Ballot Application
Partisan Primary sample ballot
Type E-Absentee Voting
The notices, agendas, minutes and postings on the Town website are for informational purposes only.
They may not be the most current version and therefore are NOT considered the official or legal copy.
CONTACT THE TOWN
Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. 8:00 AM - Noon
3360 County Highway N, Barnes, WI 54873